Saturday, January 12, 2019

Organization

I slept late, having a dream about going through an obstacle course trying to find my way back home. When I awoke, Chris was already up. I got up, brushed and swished and sewed more blue strips together. I boiled water for tea and to soak nuts. Chris offered me a massage with benefits. So we did that, and then discussed the gov't shut down and related topics.
I read e-mail while Chris showered and did laundry. I did some crocheting while listening to an audio. I ran out of fleece yarn before the project was done. Chris made himself lunch and I made myself breakfast. I jotted notes for my blog while I ate. I read an article on 7 ways to eat a pine tree: pine nuts, male cones, pollen, sap, needle tea, cambium layer, and roots.
I went for a walk around the circle. It was cold and raining. Then I checked the mail. Nothing important.
I stitched more strips end to end. I made enough yarn to finish the rug and weave the ends in. I got an idea for another rug, but it could wait.
I rearranged stuff in the hall closet, which is the size of the shed. I got Chris to move the rugs out to make room for stuff on the shelves. I went through bags and boxes. Some things went into the donation box. Other things were just placed differently. I found our wedding album and looked through it. It went on a shelf. When I was done, there was space for my sewing box that I used to carry my machine in.
I checked our Netflix queue. There was stuff I did not remember putting there, but can't swear I didn't. I used the Browse function and found a bunch of AI movies to add to the queue. I also wrote down some movies that were available for streaming.
I made a salad using all the greens that were left. I had to fill my bowl twice to eat it all.
I listened to a podcast. Near the end I realized it was after 9:30.
We watched Moon on Netflix. It was an interesting story. I just wish it hadn't taken so long to tell it. I helped Chris put clean sheets on the bed. He retired for the night and I stayed up to blog.
* A quilt pic from last Sunday. *

No comments: