Thursday, January 10, 2019

My watch is back in business

I woke up, but thought it was too early, so I went back to sleep. I never heard my phone alarm. When I woke up again, it was about 8:30. I brushed and swished. I put brown thread on my sewing machine and tested the satin stitch. I pinned papers to the back of my banner and trimmed the excess. Then I started satin-stitching. I stitched until the bobbin ran out and I replaced it. I turned off the machine and turned on the router. I went in the kitchen to soak the sprouts, boil water, make tea, etc. I turned on my laptop and started deleting e-mail.
I saw one from Chris saying he would call at 9:30 and could I make him a loaf of bread. So I started filling the bread machine. He called and talked me through putting some passcode in his iphone. It was supposed to return a value or unlock something, but it didn't, even after three tries. So he called the help desk and they told him to turn off the wi-fi. That didn't work. Their other suggestion was to reboot the phone. So I did that, but the passcode still did not go through. He thanked me and hung up. I went back to loading the bread machine, and then I turned it on. While the bread mixed, I read e-mail. I saw one from Chris asking if there was an Anyconnect app on the phone. I checked again and saw one so I wrote back. Then I made breakfast. I ate it and listened to some short audios and videos. Chris replied asking if he could call me, so I called him. Using the Anyconnect to turn on a VPN, the whole passcode operation was a success. Or so he said. Nothing came out of it, except that he seemed to be signed up for something. Oh well, it made him happy.
I had trouble tearing myself away from e-mail. But I had to get dressed to go quilting. I loaded my machine in my trunk and headed out. There were a fair number of ladies there at the church. One lady was leaving with fabric that she wanted to get rid off. Marjorie said I should take it all. So I did, intending to bring what I didn't want to the next group I see. I set up my machine and made a bag to put the fabric in. I got ready to free-motion quilt. Carol talked to me about hiring an financial adviser and gave me the name of hers. She also talked about ballroom dancing. She suggested I look up the small business administration to help the Korean doctors. I quilted several rows, dealing with thread breaks about twice a row. My massage therapist texted me that she had a cancellation at 4 and would I like to come. I checked my wallet, and texted yes. Everyone left soon after that, so Christie and I packed up.
From quilting, I drove to the mall. I went in by Belks. I looked for a watch band there, but they did not sell bands, and recommended a jewelry store. I walked through the mall looking for one. I found one by the food court. The man was very helpful in picking out a band. He needed 5 or 10 minutes to put it on, so I walked around the mall for 10 minutes, then came back for the watch. It was ready, so I picked it up and paid, then went back to my car.
I went down Drake to the parkway. I went too far and had to take the next exit and come around to the right road.
It did not take as long as I thought, so I got to Ruth's Nutrition early. I wandered around the store, looking at all the supplements. Finally, Gabriela called me back to the massage room. Somehow we got in a discussion of EMF's, smart meters, eastern medicine vs western medicine, CBD oil, orgonite, glyphosate, etc. We always do. We talked for half an hour, then she left while I undressed and got on the massage table. She massaged me for an hour, still talking, then left again. I got dressed and met her in her office to pay. The discussion never stopped. I did not get out of there until almost 6.
It was after 6 till I got home. I checked the mail but there was none. I ate some beef and made a salad. I ate it while reading e-mail. I moved my laptop to the guest room. My tapping buddy was a little late, and we went long, so we did not finish until almost nine. I moved my laptop back to the dining room.
We watched The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Marvin the robot seemed familiar to me but the rest of the movie was not. Chris was certain he'd never seen it before. He must have already made his lunch, because he went straight to bed. I took my evening supplements and rinsed the sprouts. They seemed to have stopped growing and there is a gnat hanging around. This is probably bad news. I sat down to write my blog post so I can go to bed.
* This is a wallhanging that Jane was working on. *

No comments: