Sunday, January 6, 2019

Sunday sew day

I woke up hearing my phone alarm ring from the dining room. I got up and brushed and swished and sewed a four-patch. I drank some water and whipped up a batch of seed crackers. I put them in the oven, then checked e-mail until they were done. I turned the oven off and took a shower and got dressed. Then I took the seed crackers out of the oven and put most of the pieces in a ziplock bag. I ate some seed crackers and took today's supplements. I put the crackers and a plate in a grocery bag. I also filled a water bottle and added that. I rolled my machine out to the car and put everything in the trunk.
I drove to church, arriving early enough to check my box for the 2019 envelopes. I sat by Don and wrote this month's check. He was writing his weekly check. He did not have the official envelopes so I suggested he check his box later.
There announcements: Jeanne said anyone who wanted a pointsettia should take one. Charlie said to stay afterward to take down the decorations. He also mentioned about the interim pastor not starting for another 4 to 6 weeks. Two retired pastors shared the job today. One led the service and the other gave the sermon. When we went up for communion, Don had trouble and wanted me to hold his hand, so I did. He thanked me when we got back to the pew. After the service, he picked up two poinsettias (he paid for 8) and headed out the door. I picked up 4 more and went after him. A lady in a van had come to pick him up. Mike went back to get the last three. I waited by the flowers, talking to Lars about counting money. The lady loaded all but two of the plants and said Don wanted me to have them. I waved thank you to him as they left. Jim reminded me of Vanco changes. I put the plants in my car. On the way back, Cecelia saw me and we talked about how important it is for older people to move to a smaller house before they have to for physical reasons.
I went in the church to talk to Tim. He said to make an extra spread sheet for any 2018 checks that got put in the offering late. The church was already de-decorated by then, so we left. On our way to our cars, a honey bee came by. Tim said he'd have to check his hive to see how they were doing. I figured bees were sleeping this time of year. Then again, it was a beautiful sunny 64 degrees today.
From church, I went to Renegades. They were just breaking for lunch. I put my seed crackers on a plate with the other foods, and got in line. I chose foods that looked ok without asking the particulars. After the meal, there was a strawberry birthday cake for Jenny. Everyone said how good it was. Hmmm.
Then they all went back to sewing. There was no place for me to set up, so I asked Lynette for a job. She gave me a 7 yard piece of fabric to iron. So I did. Then she suggested I trim some quilts. There were only three that needed trimming. After I trimmed the first one, I used the trimmings to cut binding strips. I folded them into the quilt and put it on a stack. Then I trimmed the second one. I did not like the trimmings for a binding, so I chose another fabric. Someone had fussy cut it, so it looked like swiss cheese. But I found enough yardage to cut binding for that. The third quilt had a roll of binding already tucked in. So all I did was trim it. Then I had to fold up all the trimmings that were worth saving and put the rest in a bag for a dog bed. By then it was 3, and most people had left. So I started vacuuming. It takes a long time to sweep that room and usually several ladies are hanging around just so the operator isn't left alone. I finished the job about the same time the others put up the chairs and tables and carried the supplies out. So it worked out great. Oh, and I bought a dozen eggs from Tina.
I went home, hoping the sun would stay up a little longer. When I got there, I changed my clothes and went for a walk. Afterward, I checked e-mail and ate some beef. Later I made a salad. Chris made his supper. I remembered the eggs and put them in the fridge. I listened to the rest of the interview on Viome results. Then I started one from Carol Look.
I stopped it around 8. I brushed and swished. I put my hair up. I got some tea and we watched a third episode of Call the Midwife. Although I don't want to be reminded of the trauma of giving birth, the characters are endearing.
Afterward, Chris made his lunch. I sat down to write my long narrative. Gabriele texted me that she had an opening in her massage schedule tomorrow. But I will not have time. I finished my blog post and drank water, soon to go to bed.
* This is the quilt pattern that Lynette chose for today. Flo did this one. *

No comments: