Sunday, January 20, 2019

The Fab Four

Saturday
I did not sleep well during the night because I could hear the dogs' nails tapping on the floor as they roamed the house. One had a jingly collar, too.
It was a bad area for cell phone signals, but I texted Silvia and hoped it would go through eventually. I got dressed and ate one of my prepared breakfasts. The dogs were very interested, but I did not share. I finished the tea I had started drinking last night. Larry and Trish have well water and it seemed like a good thing because there was no fluoride or chlorine in it.
Chris took me to the hotel. He was greeted warmly by his old friends who hadn't seen him since last year. I had trouble getting signal to my phone so we walked out front so I could call Silvia. She and Linda came to pick me up. We went to an estate sale. I got some red velvet ribbon there. Then we went to Goodwill and talked and shopped. I bought some orange shirts since my new doctor said I needed more orange in my life. And I bought some green tops reminiscent of the one I got bleach on. Then we went to another Goodwill and met Mary there. I bought a small spoon for travel purposes. Then we went to Tuesday Morning. I got a jelly roll and some fat quarters. We spent a long time there because there was a lot to look at and we were still catching up.
Then we all went to Eli's for supper. The lighting was low and I needed my flashlight app to read the menu. There was a bowl of chili that looked pretty healthy and it was only $6. So that was good, and filling. We talked for a long time, until a live singer with guitar started his show. Then it was too loud for conversation, so we paid our bill and went to a hotel where Silvia had made a reservation.
She pulled up to the front. We loaded all our stuff onto a big cart and pulled it inside. Silvia got a room key and we went up to the 3rd floor. We unloaded the cart and she took it back. We sat on the couch and two chairs and talked into the wee hours of the morning. It takes a long time to catch up on a year's worth of events. They have all had a lot of stuff happen in the last year. We exchanged gift bags. Several ladies brought snacks. Around 4:30 we decided to get some sleep. It was probably closer to 5 when we were in bed.

* Three of the four rugs I made. Somehow the green one got left out. *

Sunday
I had a hard time falling asleep, maybe because I forgot to take my evening magnesium. After a couple hours of sleep, I woke up. Mary murmured that it was after 9:30 and breakfast ends at 10. So we got up and dressed. Three of us went to breakfast, which was still there even though we were late. I got an omelet and brought my prepared breakfast. When we were nearly done, Silvia joined us for coffee. We talked about visiting Celeste. Mary and I each had presents for her.
We packed up the room and got a cart to carry it all. We took it out to her car and she loaded her trunk like a giant tetris game. Mary had her own car, which looked exactly like mine on the outside. We each gave Silvia cash and she checked out and paid the bill. We all thought $87 for the night was a good price.
We drove over to Celeste's house to say hello and deliver the two gift bags. But her husband answered the door. He said she was in jail for contempt of court, and that her mother had died yesterday. I said prayers the whole time we were talking to him because his attitude was too calm and he seemed unconcerned about what she was going through. He would not visit her because there was a chance of him getting detained. It made me angry. We regrouped at Slivia's car. Mary called the courthouse to see if we could visit Celeste, but were told no. She can only have visitors on Saturdays and only if she signs for them in advance.
We gathered in front of Mary's car to take a group photo. Then Mary had to go check on her mother. I called Chris and got Larry's address so Silvia and Linda could drive me out there. When we arrived, we got all my stuff from her car, leaving the bag for Celeste which Linda kindly offered to deliver when Celeste is released at the end of the month. Chris and Trish came out to say hello. After the ladies left, we sat in Trish's kitchen and talked, surrounded by 4 dogs that insisted on being petted. One of them was in bad shape at 16 years old and is going to the vet tomorrow to be put down. It was very sad.
Then we hugged Trish goodbye and thanked her for having us on short notice. We climbed in the car and headed home, listening to the book on CD. We listened all the way to Huntsville, but did not quite finish the book. I slept as much as I could but the seat wasn't all the comfortable. We ate oranges, seed crackers, dates and figs.
We arrived about 6:30 and unpacked the car. I resumed watching episode 4 about Exclusion Zone water. It expired last night, but must have been in my buffer because it finished playing. I made a salad and ate it which watching part of episode 5 on cancer which expires tonight. When Chris was ready, I paused it so we could watch TV. We watched only one episode of Star Trek: Next Generation. We have watched 5 episodes so far and Wesley Crusher has saved the ship twice already. Then I sat down to write my blog post for the last two days.

* Group photo. What a great bunch of ladies! *

No comments: