Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The never-ending form

I had a hard time falling asleep last night, even after going to bed late. I got up at 8:30, but only after much tapping. I had been dreaming about trying to dial a phone but there were extra numbers and they were disordered and the lighting was low.
I did the usual morning stuff. In addition to sewing two patches together, I pinned paper to the back of the banner in preparation for satin-stitching tomorrow. I rinsed the seeds, which are showing signs of sprouting. I set the timer for 5 minutes over and over while I took my homeopathic remedies. Then I checked e-mail and watched the first few minutes of episode 7. Then I got dressed and went to quilting.
It was not well attended today. There was fabric and magazines all over two tables and ladies were looking through it. I threw in the fabric that the Thursday group gave me. Beverly wanted me to help her square up a quilt top, so I brought in my large square ruler. It did not lie flat, but she didn't want to press it. I smoothed it as much as I could, and trimmed each corner. Still, there was one spot that really bugged me and I wanted to fix it. So she got out Jane's machine and found some thread. I ripped out one piece and made tucks in other places. I sewed the piece back on and it was better. I probably should have done that before I squared it up.
Anita had put away all the leftover fabric. She said I could go through it, but I just wanted to get on with my day. Beverly and I put stuff away and she left. I talked to Anita for awhile and helped her put boxes of magazines in her car. Then I went to the Asian store for kimbap.
When I got home, I went for a walk because it was a sunny, although cold, day. It took about 25 minutes and I ran a few times. When I got home, I ate the kimbap with kimchi and checked e-mail. There were messages that I had to respond to. I watched more of episode 7:
Bioidentical hormones can help with alzheimers and pre-diabetes. Testosterone for men and estrogen for women are critical for the 'janitorial crew' of the brain to do their job. Hormones also help with osteoporosis, appearance, and muscle mass. DHEA helps with all cause mortality. Stem cells (from fat tissue) can be used for alzheimers and parkinsons. Stem cells from umbilical cord blood are the most effective. They reproduce every 24 hours. At age 30, they take up to 48 hours to reproduce. After age 60, it takes 60 hours to reproduce. So the rate of reproduction is often lower than the rate of degeneration. However, an injection of young stem cells can trigger the older stem cells to reproduce faster.
At 1:35, I paused the video to drive to church. I cleared some space in the intern's office and got the offering out of the safe. There was a sheet on top which did not have a date, so I put it aside. As I started to separate the envelops, I realized that they were already ordered and empty. The checks and cash were paperclipped together. I called Tim to find out what happened, but had to leave a message. I went through the stacks of envelopes and checks at the same time, trying to fill out the sheet properly. But the ones with cash were not marked as to how much. When I got near the end, I finally figured out that the sheet I put aside was a record of all the offerings. Had I realized that earlier, it would have saved me a lot of time. Tim called to answer my question, and that took time too. After the call, I made sure the sums were correct and filled out the deposit tickets and stamped the checks. Then I went to the computer to enter the info and print reports. But Bill came in and wanted to talk about non-cash giving – like stocks and bonds. Also donations of items like paint and supplies. I told him I would bring it up at the next meeting. He said he was willing to attend.
After he left, I finished up on the computer and placed the reports in boxes. Then I cleaned up, and took the deposits with me. I went to the bank and submitted my work. When she had verified everything, she gave me receipts which I stapled to the summaries. Then I went home.
When I got there, I checked the mail, but there was none. I made and ate breakfast while finishing the episode.
Chris came home late and said he had had a beer on an empty stomach. He seemed to be in a good mood, but he sat with his computer and did not want to be disturbed.
I read e-mail. I filled out the new patient forms that Dr. Jarvis gave me. It was very hard. I did not know the answers to many questions and some I did not understand. Some required a much longer answer than would fit in the block. There were 7 forms, most of them 2-sided.
After answering, I scanned all but one into the computer. Then I folded them up and put them in an envelop addressed to the doctor's clinic. I printed out a page with the 134 foods that her machine said I was sensitive to. I also printed more offering forms to leave at the church.
When Chris was ready (and it took him an extra hour and a half), we watched one episode of ST:NG. I stayed up to write my blog post.
* This is a quilt that Beverly had finished and was binding. She must be sewing up a storm at home. *

No comments: