Wednesday, January 9, 2019

My own desk - sort of

I woke up with hot flashes. I went to the bathroom and back to bed. I heard my phone alarm go off in the distance. I fell asleep and had a dream about being in a restaurant. Michele was there. Kurt and Chris and Patrick were there, but they left. Patrick came back with a fast food bag saying he had fresh breakfast. I was mortified that he brought fast food into a sit-down restaurant.
Another hot flash woke me and I got up. I brushed and swished and sewed some patches together. I turned on the router. I boiled water for tea, then for coffee. I had to refill the coffee jar and noticed that the bag is almost empty. I let a troche melt in my mouth, then drank water and took two forms of niacin. I read e-mail, waiting for it to kick in. When it did, I went through all my exercises, favoring my left arm. I put on some meditation music for tapping.
I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen with hydrogen peroxide. I washed the dishes and utensils I use every day. I used Powerizer to clean the toilet bowls. I vacuumed the floors in the bathrooms and used a broom in the kitchen. I took a shower and got dressed nicely. I checked e-mail one last time. Then I picked up the special boxes and went to the Korean clinic.
They greeted me warmly. She showed me the desk they set up in the front room. She said it was for me, but she was using it to greet patients as they came in, and to keep their friends out of the treatment area. They had a stack of bills for me to call and question. She gave me her credit card to pay whatever amounts remained. It was almost 4 when I finished the stack. Then he wanted me to check on something to do with insurance. I spent over an hour wrestling with that, then said it was 5 and I had to leave. She taped my left shoulder and said to wear it for 2 days. They also gave me more onion and jujube juice packets.
When I got home, it was 5:30 and cold. I forgot to check the mail. Chris showed me how to get into his gov't phone and read his e-mail because there was something he had to do at the office and it requires a password sent to his phone (which he is not allowed to have in the building) that is only good for 3 minutes. Who comes up with this stuff?
Then I emoted to him about how complicated it is to get the doctors signed up with insurance companies. He said that's why business consultants get paid so much. I wondered if the Korean doctors could just hire one.
I ate some beef and made a salad. I read e-mail. I bundled up warmly and got the mail. There was a bottle of grape seed extract in a package. I couldn't remember what it was for. I said a short prayer for the plants outside because Chris said it was going down to the 20's. Then I got in my car and went to choir practice.
I got there a little early, enough to give Jennifer a gift before the others showed up. Then I looked for my choir folder in the narthex. I went through them all twice, but none had my name on them. So I took the one for our retired pastor. Cecelia brought my cutting mat and stuff back. She showed me samples of the fleece she used to make a blanket for her granddaughter. It was cute. Then Doris told us about her daughter getting bit by a tick and getting an allergy to red meat. Weird.
Jennifer led the choir through warm-ups. Then we practiced three pieces for the next three Sundays. Afterward, she gave me a bag of apple chips that her mother sent. We spoke for a bit, then parted ways so she could turn out the lights to the right of the sanctuary and I took all the ones on the left. That included the hallway, but when I turned it off, the office lit up. Bill was in there, so I turned the hallway light back on. Then I got in my car and went home.
Chris was on his laptop, so I warmed up my tea and took my evening supplements. I brushed and swished while he cued up Netflix. We watched the last episode of Lost in Space season 1. They did not have season 2. Then we tried Parks and Recreation, but did not like it. Chris scrolled through other options but did not see anything he thought we would both like. I got him to cut off a few hairs for a test I am ordering. Then he went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* It's a really nice desk. *

No comments: