Thursday, October 13, 2022

Catching mice and squirrels

Wednesday

I got up late. I brushed and swished and got ready to walk, but Al said he needed a day off. I did some exercises in the kitchen, then went walking. I ran into Steve's wife and talked to her, then after another lap, I ran into Steve. He's quite a talker.

After walking, I took a shower, then Chris did. He swiped the water off of the walls of the shower while I got dressed. I texted Jenni. She let me know that there were dead mice in the bucket trap. Chris called Dugway to find someone to empty the trap.

I read e-mail, trying to tune out the Food channel, until lunch. For that meal, I ate a pomegranate, jicama and dip, and some cheese squares. Then I resumed reading on the internet. Finally I took a book outside to escape the TV. Later I sprayed the interior of the car with peppermint water and put up the windows. I held a flashlight for Al and Chris to drill a metal fitting. It made sparks, but was not effective.

Back inside, I listened to a QnA, and played Solitaire. Faye texted me that the trap caught a squirrel. I texted that to the BBB (bee, bat, and bird) man. Faye asked me to come over tomorrow to help her at Dad's house.

At 6:30 we had supper: beef stew. Cecily divided it into one bowl each of meat, potatoes, and then carrots and onions. I brought in the green tomatoes and a cookie sheet. After supper she would not let me help clean up. As she and Chris did it, I went back to my laptop. I listened to podcasts and interviews while playing solitaire. Cecily turned on the TV and promptly went to sleep, apparently not noticing that it wasn't the Food channel.

I listened to a bonus episode of some health series. Then I played some Wordle and posted to my blog, and went to bed.

No comments: