Monday, October 10, 2022

Scrubbing the car mats

Sunday

I got up around 8. I brushed and swished. I checked e-mail. I listened to an interview examining a video that Dr. Paul Offit put out saying the aluminum in vaccines is benign. The other doctor pointed out that aluminum could not work as an adjuvant if it was benign.

After reading for awhile, I took a break to wash up and get dressed for church. Cecily and Al left early to prepare for giving communion. I texted with Michelle, then Chris and I left about 11.

We sat with Cecily and Al. Soon the service began. There was a lot of liturgy but it had been so long that I did not remember it. Anyway, near the end of the service, the priest asked for birthdays. Each person who raised their hand was asked for their name and age. And THEN, they asked about anniversaries. Cecily made Chris raise his hand. We had to stand and give our names and length of marriage. Then he had everyone face a hand toward us and he said a blessing. Then everyone clapped. I wanted to disappear.

After the service, we helped Al and Cecily wash the communion implements. Then we went home the long way to avoid traffic. Chris and Cecily made sausage, bacon, eggs, and bagels for brunch. After eating, I read e-mail for awhile, and approached Al. He helped me get a bucket, brush, soap, and hose. I pulled the floor covers from the car and placed them on the side walk. I scrubbed them and rinsed them and put them up to dry. Then we got out the wet/dry vac. I scrubbed three of the four the foot wells and sucked out the water. I left the doors open to dry.

Supper was ready, so we sat down to pray and eat. We had shrimp, coleslaw, asparagus and waffle fries. We continued to talk for some time afterward. Then the dishes were cleared away.

William and Karen called. They wanted me to call someone to get rid of the squirrels in Dad's attic. I looked up Bee,Bat and Bird on the internet. It said they were open 24 hours a day so I called. I talked to a very nice older man (about Al's age) and we had quite the conversation. I told him I looked forward to meeting him tomorrow. In fact, I would have liked to invite him to dinner, but Cecily said no.v I sat at the table and conversed with Al and Chris. I went out to check the car carpets. They were still wet and the battery was dead from leaving the doors open. Yikes. Then I worked on my blog and got ready for bed.

No comments: