Friday, October 7, 2022

Our anniversary

Thursday

We got up after 9:30 EST which was about my normal time MST. I did not sleep well with the traffic rumbling down the highway all night. Finally as dawn crept in, I got drowsy but the hot flashes kicked in. Getting older sucks.

I got up to brush and swish and dress. Al and I went for a walk up and down Angarde 4 times. I did a quick check of e-mail. I put stuff from my suitcase in a drawer for easier access.

I called Faye and she said she'd come over to get me when she was done. I washed up and put on clean clothes. While Chris and Cecily were out, I hardboiled 6 eggs and read e-mail. I ate one of the eggs and it was pretty soft. I also had some jicama sticks. Chris and Cecily came home and soon Faye knocked on the door. After greetings and such, we went to her van. Then she saw Alfred picking up sticks and went to talk to him.

Then she drove me to Dad's house with me giving directions. We went inside and looked through books. She give me a stack of ones from Yvonne. I changed the outgoing message on my phone. She showed me pics from her mastectomy. They were pretty gorey.

Then we looked through Dad's Florida files. We talked about that and she called a lady who offered to buy the plot and Faye made a counteroffer. Then we searched all the piles of paper to find the deed, which we did. It had Mom's name still on it because apparently Dad wasn't able to find it.

We went through some jewelry and coins, not knowing if they were worth anything or not. Finally we went to my bank to deposit a check and to Dad's bank to do the same. Then we headed to the Damour's. Faye explained how to play Wordle. Due to traffic, we arrived just a few minutes late. Faye stayed to chat for a bit, then went home.

We got in Cecily's car and went to a steakhouse for our anniversary. Chris and I both got ribeye steaks, but one was large and flat and the other was smaller but thicker. The thicker one was still red inside. He pointed out that I did not fast yesterday, and it struck me that I totally forgot. Cecily just got a salad and could not finish it. However, she encouraged us to get a lava cake for dessert and ate her share of it. Then she went to the restroom and did not like what she saw, so we went out to the car to wait while she reported it to the manager.

When we got home, I started deleting e-mail. I texted with Michelle. Then I remembered my blog and wrote down some things about today. After posting to my blog, I watched The Highwire, then went to bed.

No comments: