Tuesday, October 11, 2022

The big disappointment

Monday

I got up at 8:30. I brushed and swished and checked e-mail. William called. He wanted the squirrel hole only temporarily repaired. I refused to promise that. Al and I went walking up and down the street. We did 2 miles worth.

I washed up and put on clean clothes. I gave the dirty ones to Cecily who was looking for colored wash. I read e-mail and listened to an interview. The exterminator texted a time of 2pm.

At noon we sat down for lunch. At 1, Chris and Al jumped the Olds to get it started. It smelled much better. We drove to Dad's house to meet the exterminator. I could hear something moving in the attic that sounded larger than a squirrel. I went up in the attic to look. It was dark so I had to plug in the lights. I still didn't see anything.

I waited in the living room until the man arrived. I went outside to meet him. We talked quite a bit. He said he didn't need to go in the attic, just to set a trap outside near the hole. I went up in the attic to unplug the lights. Myra texted me that she wasn't feeling well and had been with her granddaughter who had a respiratory infection. I was going to call her, but Faye came over. She added to the conversation. The man placed a trap near the hole in the porch roof. After he left, she and I looked through some pictures. I looked through the filing cabinet and got some staff paper. We talked about me staying for another hour, but didn't know how to make it count.

Chris drove us back to Chester. On the way, Myra called and we agreed it would be best if we didn't visit her tomorrow. Sigh. And I was so looking forward to seeing her again. When we got in, Cecily and Chris started making supper. Al and I were in the den reading e-mail.

At 6:30 we sat down to supper. There was chicken and salad. We decided on Mexican for tomorrow. After supper, Chris and Cecily cleaned up, then she sat in the den and fell asleep in front of the TV. I went in and jotted notes for my blog. As Al and Chris chatted in the kitchen, I listened to a podcast. Then Al went to bed and Chris came and gouged out my scab with his pocketknife. I finally got him to leave so I could finish my blog and get ready for bed.

No comments: