Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Eating Mexican

. Tuesday

It was 8:30 when I got up this morning. I brushed and swished and got dressed. I walked two miles with Alfred. I put the green tomatoes out to get some sun and hopefully ripen a little.

I watched videos and played solitaire. I went with Alfred to go shopping for milk. I read more e-mail, trying to get the unread number down to 800.

At noon we had lunch. I had a lettuce wrap, jicama, and avocado dip, and the last soft-boiled egg. Afterward, I sat in the den to check e-mail. There were several sales going on so I placed some orders. I forgot my cc number and had to use the one in my purse.

The bite on my thumb was now discolored, probably because Chris dug at it last night with his pocketknife unsterilized. Chris brought me a needle and I sprayed sanitizer on it. Then I punctured the bite, hoping to squeeze something out of it, but nothing came out.

I put the mats back in car. I relaxed in the sunlight. I found some poke berries and saved the seeds to try in Utah. Someone called from Dugway to see how much cleaning a house costs. I read articles and listened to podcasts.

At 6 we went to a Mexican restaurant. It was nice not to have the TV on while we ate. Because it was Tuesday, we got a complimentary cheese dip with our chips. Because I don't eat chips, Cecily asked the man for a spoon. She encouraged me to eat the cheese dip even though it would get contaminated. When the food came, Al asked for the spoon so he could put some on his plate. I guess they don't consider me a superspreader after all.

When we got home, we put the leftovers in the fridge. I went back to my laptop. Cecily turned the Food channel on again. Sigh I read an article, then posted to my blog. Cecily went to bed, blessedly turning off the TV. I struggled to play Wordle for awhile, then went to bed.

No comments: