Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Where's the music coming from?

Sunday

I got up to check the new mouse trap. There were no mice. I brushed and swished. I got a text from Tonja that she was too sick to water the plants. I read e-mail, I went through the cosmetics bag to see if I had everything for the trip.

Chris gave me a coconut oil massage, He took a shower and then I did the same. He washed the sheets.

I made and ate breakfast, then I got dressed, took trombone and snack to the chapel. I talked to the chaplain until time for church. Only two others came. We had praise music played through the sound system. The chaplain gave his sermon, then I played three hymns on my trombone. Then we chatted a bit. I told them I would be gone for 2 weeks. And we went home.

I read articles all afternoon. A tab started playing and I could not find it to shut it off. I had to reboot. I skipped going to the gym because neither Diane nor Michelle was available to change out the weights for me. I washed my church dress and all the bathing suits and towels.

I watered the plants outside. While trying to wash the dirt back into a hole, a gopher came out. I grabbed him and hit him with a rock, but not before he bit me. I squeezed as much blood out as possible, and washed it with soap and water. I also squirted hydrogen peroxide on it. I texted Jenni to see if she could water my plants. Then I went to the garden. I couldn't resist sneaking potatoes out of the ground. It was like finding buried treasure. When I got home, Jenni came over. I showed her how to water the plants. We talked about this and that. She gave me some spice blends. I gave her the key to our house plus the keys to the swap shop. I knew she would like that.

After she left, I ate the rest of the steak. I sopped up some of the steak seasonings with cheese squares. I worked on my blog. I made tea and played my trombone. I asked Chris when we were leaving tomorrow and he said 8:30pm because our flight is at 11:50. Yikes! I'm going to be sleep-walking through the airport.

We watched two episodes of Firefly. We dressed the bed with clean sheets. I folded the swim towels and put them away. I listened to a podcast, then went to bed.

No comments: