Wednesday, October 5, 2022

The never-ending night

Monday

I was already awake at 5 when Chris' alarm went off and he got up to work out with the colonel. I ruminated until he came back to shower, around 7:30. I got up after he left. I tried to parse supplements, but wasn't sure how: not wanting to take everything with me, and yet be prepared for when we get back. I dithered for awhile, then took only the essentials, but it ended up looking like more than that. I packed some vitamin patches.

I listened to Mike Adams, then went to Housing to drop off extra key to a house already inspected. I went to Chris' office to see Revonna, but she wasn't in. Chris gave me an envelop to mail, so I went to the post office, dropped it in, and picked up our mail. Then I filled out a vacation slip to hold the mail while we're gone. I went home and watered all the plants and a few gopher holes. No gophers came out. The thumb that got bit yesterday was warm and tight, but not discolored. Even though I washed it and put h2o2 on it at the time, it wasn't enough, so today I tried vitamin C and essential oil.

There were no mice in the trap, and, as I discovered, no peanutbutter either. I don't know where it went, so I got some more and spread it around. Later I found that it melted in the sun and dripped to the bottom.

Charity stopped by to pick up my car keys. She's going to change the oil next week. I made and ate breakfast. I read e-mail, then Faye called. We talked for more than an hour. After we hung up, I put on walking shoes and went to the school. I walked with Diane and Jenni. After our mile, we said our goodbyes and I went back to Chris' office to find Revonna. But she wasn't there, so I drove to her house. I didn't want to disturb her, but she was outside so I gave her the small dishes and we talked for a little bit. Then I went home.

I put some drops of peppermint oil in water and sprayed my engine, hoping to keep the mice out. The gopher stake was still squeeking every 30 seconds on the dash. I placed a suitcase on the bed and started packing. I used my packing list. I also added some small hot peppers for Patrick and some green tomatoes for Cecily. Chris came home from work. He made himself supper and put the rest in the freezer. I put stuff in the dishwasher and he ran it. I ate some pickled eggs from last year, and fruit. I also picked some greens from the tower garden and had a small salad.

I read e-mail. I texted with Michelle, who is on vacation. I took a milk jar to Michelle's house and left it by the door. I read a few articles from e-mail and made an order to PatchMD. We hard boiled all the eggs in the fridge. I put my laptop to sleep and packed it and all the cords. Chris moved our luggage to his car. Then we headed out, stopping once to make sure I had my ID.

I tried to sleep as the book on CD played. We arrived at the airport at 10. I was tired, but grateful that all I had to do was follow Chris. It was a long walk from parking to the terminal. We stopped at the bathrooms, then went to check-in. Being Pre-Check, it was a short line, and went quickly. I did not have to take off my shoes or unpack my laptop.

When we reached the gate, I got out my laptop to post to my blog, knowing this was going to be a very long night.

No comments: