Friday, October 28, 2022

Trunk-or-Treat

Thursday

I got up late because I can't tell the time from the daylight anymore. I brushed and swished, then wrapped up in a blanket. I finished my book while sitting on the PEMF mat. I read e-mail, and Telegram messages. I scrubbed the 6 burner pans that had been soaking overnight in the oven.

Before noon I started making breakfast. I ate it while watching The Highwire. Then Chris came home for lunch. He made me stop it so he could comment. He brought in the tower garden, which had not frozen after all. We reassembled it in the den.

At 2, I went to the gym and walked with Diane and Tonja. We had a nice chat as always. Then I went to the library to drop off my book. I went to the apartment to put clean burner pans on the stove. Finally I went to Housing to schedule the inspection for Monday.

I went back to The Highwire. As soon as it was over, I put on garb and went to the Trunk-or-treat. It was cold and I soon wished I had brought a cloak. I walked the gamut of trunks, looking for Tonja. I stopped at the ACS table and got a whistle. I spoke to Kincie, who was handing out candy. I hoped it wasn't too cold for her.

Finally I found Tonja. I ended up sitting with her in her hatchback. We talked and gave out candy. She gave me some for Monday night in case I run out of toys. Chris came by in his outfit. Jenni came by in hers. She wandered around dressed like a white oompa loompa and handing out candy. Julie came up and asked me to attend one of their planning meetings in November.

After Trunk-or-treat, Chris went to the club and I went home. I had leftovers and read e-mail. Chris came home later and changed out of his costume. I changed out of mine. Then he got a call that there was no heat at the hotel so he left to check that out. I read e-mail until he got back. Jennie came over in a scary mask. She brought me a pomegranate from the commissary. I paid her. I made tea and we watched one episode of Jeannie and one of Pickard. Then I read more until time for bed.

No comments: