Sunday, October 30, 2022

Ladies day out

Saturday

I got up late, again by daylight. I rinsed my sinuses and made more rinse. I washed up and got dressed. I had a bite to eat. I packed snacks for lunch. I watered the house plants.

I drove to the school and parked. The ladies were sitting in Tonja's van and I joined them. We waited another 5 minutes in case anyone else was interested. Then we headed to Salt Lake City.

It took us nearly two hours, what with a bathroom stop along the way. We went to a place called Gardener's village. There was a witch theme going one and most ladies were dressed up in black. I didn't realized until then that I had been there before. It wasn't really the kind of stuff I am interested in. There was a quilt shop, but it was mostly pastel prints. Not my favorite. Tonja and Rebecca headed out on their own, leaving me with Jenni. We shopped at places at her pace. She bought stuff here and there. I only bought at two places. Finally we caught up with the others and got in the van. Rebecca let me sit up front with Tonja.

There was interest in the Chinatown Supermarket, so we went there. Tonja hadn't been there before so she went up and down every aisle. Rebecca and I each got a jackfruit. I got a tall piece of sugar cane, and some other stuff. It was a busy place and took a while to check out. Then I went to the little kimbap store for something to eat on the way home.

When we got back to the school, I gave Tonja gas money, then we each took our bags and went home. I stopped by the post office for mail. When I came in the front door, Chris put a steak in the oven. James was online and he helped us make appropriate choices for our new characters. It took hours. There was new

terminology to learn.

Afterward, I worked on my blog. We watched an episode of Librarians, which Chris got in the mail. I practiced my trombone, and we went to bed.

No comments: