Monday, May 1, 2023

Potluck

Sunday

I woke up early and could not go back to sleep. I got up at 8. I took drops and watered the plants. I rinsed the mung beans which had sprouted already. I brushed and swished, then took the first supplements. Chris gave me a coconut oil massage. He took his shower and I whipped up a batch of cheese and eggs. I scooped it into a mini muffin form and put it in the oven. Then I took my shower. When the egg muffins were done, they needed to sit in the form for awhile, so I took the rest and made cheese squares.

I made and ate breakfast then got dressed for church. We went to the LDS church near post. I sat with Michelle and Isodora while Chris and the other heads of Dugway talked to the assembled people about getting 1 year limited passes to Dugway. It was interesting and I figured people would ask me questions later so I needed to know. Afterwards, we hung around talking.

Then Chris dropped me off at home and went to the office. I picked up my cheese muffins and squares and my trombone and went to the chapel. Brian and Johnnie were just walking up. We went in together. Sgt King was back from paternity leave, and Pastor Josh came with his guitar player. Other people arrived as we talked. I assembled my trombone.

So the guitar player did three songs, ending with a hymn that I couldn't follow because it was so different the way he played it. Then Josh gave the sermon from Philippians. Then Saronna joined me up front and her daughter brought her djimba (drum). We played two hymns by request. Then everyone hung around talking while a few of us set up for the potluck. A number of people didn't know or forgot about it so I was a little worried. But we all sat down to eat and there was food left over. So it must have been ok.

I sat and discussed issues at the men's table. Jenni was there for a bit, then headed home, as did others. So finally it was John, Russ and I. When 4pm came, we broke up and headed out. When I got home, Chris said the evening game was off. Sigh. I was so dehydrated that I drank water and kombucha and ate fruit. Then I read and listened to articles and podcasts.

Finally I stopped to type up my activities for the day. I ate some salad, then made tea. We watched several episodes of SG1, then made the bed with clean sheets. Chris went to bed and I stayed up a little later.

No comments: