Saturday, April 1, 2023

Getting the project ready for Saturday

Thursday

I got up at 8:30. After getting ready for the day, I spent all morning finding a pattern for the bunny ears. I finally found one and traced it on a piece of plastic bag over my computer screen. I made a cardboard copy of it, then hunted down my collection of felt. I made the prototype, then place it on my head and took a picture. I posted it and a blurb on the Facebook pages.

By then it was lunch time. I returned Terri's call, but she didn't answer, so I left a message. I made breakfast and started watching The Highwire. Chris came home from work and plugged in the router, so that interrupted the playback. Terri called back so I had to pause it. And Tonja texted from the Cup of Awareness event. I was thinking of going before noon, but was too busy.

After watching The Highwire, I read e-mail and listened to a podcast. Then I put on my shoes and left for the quote. But I had the wrong address. It didn't exist. So I went to Housing and asked and they told me the correct address.

I stopped at the new address. We had a very nice chat and I looked around the house. I understood her concerns and thought it was in very good shape. But it was after 4 when I left. I went to the gym where Michelle was watching her kids and others play in the bouncy houses. It was the “Snowed in Play Day” event. I talked with Michelle for over an hour. Her kids got tired and walked home.

Finally we split up. I went home to make supper. I heated beef in the oven and made a salad. I was listening to an interview when Michele called. She had bought a pattern and it was more involved than she thought. She wanted advice on redrafting the pattern. We talked for hours. We found pics on the internet where others had made the same dress.

It was after 8:30 when she hung up. I worked on my blog. Chris came back from Knife Night. All he had was a flattened piece of metal. I guess he has to go back again. I made tea and we watched one episode of SG1. Chris went right to bed and I stayed up to finish my blog.

No comments: