Friday, February 16, 2024

Ah, the swap shop

Thursday

I woke up having a hot flash and tinnitus, just then realizing that I hadn't had either for some time. They must have gone away during our stay in Costa Rica. Huh. Climate? Altitude? Dip in the ocean? Diet? ??

I added to my blog for yesterday. I made more breakfast mix.

I went to an apartment and cleaned for 2.5 hours. I came home and put on The Highwire, and fixed breakfast and ate it. Aaron Siri, a lawyer, provided evidence that the six vaccines required for school attendance do not prevent transmission. Most of them suppress symptoms, allowing sick kids to attend school anyway, thus increasing transmission.

Afterward, I read e-mail. I posted to the Facebook page that the swap shop would be open from 3 to 7. I added pics to the post to show some items. Chris came home briefly, then headed out to SLC for some reception.

Then I gathered some fabric and a pattern and went to the swap shop. I opened the shop and the furniture room. I found a place to hide the key. I vacuumed and swept. I rested. I looked at the pattern and read through it. I was planning to cut out pieces to make a new purse, but decided that many parts of my current purse were just fine. If I had a seam ripper, I would have liberated the good parts.

People came in. People left. I got the mop from my car. I mopped the furniture room and the swap shop floor. People were looking around. Jenni came in with apple slices. We talked for some time. Then I got my stuff and left.

I went home and ate the rest of supper from yesterday. I listened to a presentation on toxins. I worked on my blog. I made tea and we watched two episodes of SGA. It put me to sleep. Chris left me on the couch and turned out the lights. At some point I got up and went to bed.

No comments: