Wednesday, February 21, 2024

I am back in business

Tuesday

I got up at 8. I rinsed the sprouts, took supplements. I put on a podcast and listened while I cleaned the Berkey and reassembled it. I cut circles of window cling and put it over an LED light in the ceiling, but it did not cut down on the glare.

I posted to the Facebook page about opening the swap shop. I put 6 panels in a bag with some pins. Then I went to the swap shop and opened it. Someone was there waiting to get in. I opened the furniture room too. I dragged in a garbage bag full of clothes. I pulled them out and separated them into the sorting bins. At the end, I felt a catch in my lower back. Grr!

The lady looked around as we chatted. She looked in the furniture room too. After she left, I got out the panels and started pinning them together in preparation for stack-n-whack. Others came and went. Anka came in with her 4 kids. She took most of the clothes that I had pulled out of the garbage bag. She remarked that she wished she could have a few hours by herself to clean her house without the kids getting into stuff outside her view.

Chris came by to say hello as he looked for the mail. Anka left and I locked up the shop and the furniture room. I went home for breakfast. I ate and read.

At 2, I went to Saronna's house to play music. However, we talked more than we played. At the end, she went to the school to pick up her kids and I went to Housing to schedule a final inspection for the apartment.

When I got home, I got a text from Diane. Then she called and we talked about her upcoming visit. I looked up the chocolate bar from Costa Rica: only Amazon sells that brand. I called Michelle, and we talked about everything else. Then I texted her about the chocolate bar. But she wrote back later that Amazon doesn't sell that particular flavor. I guess they can't export it.

Chris came home from work and made steaks and rice. He said his team was going to get me a background check, but in the meantime I can hold classes as usual as long as the parents attend. Yay! I am back in business.

I listened to an interview on the 4th state of water. I made tea and we watched two episodes of SGA. Later Chris went to bed. I stayed up to read e-mails, then I turned in as well.

No comments: