Monday, February 19, 2024

No gaming today

Sunday

I got up after 8. I whipped up a batch of cheese squares. I read e-mail. I looked up hints for the next step in Myst IV. I made breakfast. After eating, I got dressed for church. I put some squares in a container and took it and my trombone to church.

The colonel and his wife came to attend the service. They were greeting people so I walked over to greet them. But they did not speak to me. So I waited. Then I was able to speak to her. The subject of regulations came up and Michelle ran up, excited to share what she had just read about regulations. But it did not go well. She and the colonel got into a tiff – not that I heard exactly what they said because I was talking to Mrs. Colonel. And Michelle walked away. He seemed upset too.

I sat down up front with my trombone. The incident upset me and I had a hard time concentrating on the three praise songs that the chaplain had picked. Afterward, he talked about the history leading up to Nehemiah rebuilding Jerusalem and telling the elite to quit usury. It wasn't attention-grabbing content.

Afterward, Saronna and I played two hymns. Then the chaplain prayed and the service was over. We chatted and hopefully some people got snack. When I finally was able to get away and go home, I discovered Michelle was there, talking to Chris. I wondered if he quit his game early to talk to her. She was very upset and we could not talk her out of it.

After she left, I sat at my laptop to engage Jessica in a conversation to help us communicate in Spanish and English. But the rate of response was very low. I ate nuts and grapefruit, all on the right side.

The game got cencelled because the Damours from NY did not sign in. I hope they are ok. I posted to my blog and then made tea. We watched two episodes of SGA. Later Chris went to bed. I stayed up a little later listening to an episode of Heavy, which is about toxins. Then I went to bed.

No comments: