Thursday, February 1, 2024

Walking off the spasms

Wednesday

I got up after 8, having been awake for some time. I watered and fertilized the plants, then prepared for meditation morning. I turned on the music, then made coffee and performed the lymph-moving exercises. I went through the meditation and tapping. When I finished, I cleaned in the kitchen because the Phantom of the Opera CD was on. It seemed early and it was, because there was no disc two in the player. Odd. (turns out the disc was upside down)

When I finished in the kitchen, I quickly did the bathrooms and took a shower because I had a quote to attend at 1. While taking my shower, my back spasmed. Thankfully not so badly that I couldn't get dressed or walk. I did text the yoga teacher that I wasn't going to make it today.

I attended the quote. The Housing ladies were already there. I looked around and quoted him $300. He went to the ATM to get the cash. Then we signed the contract, dating it for next week. He also gave me a key. I went home.

I texted Michelle and we met for walking. But first we discussed a recent disturbing video where a young man claims to have killed his father for being a civil servant. He held up a head, although I didn't look so I can't be sure it was real. Anyway, he talked for some time about the evils of our government. He advocated the killing of any government employee that refuses to resign immediately.

Then Michelle and I walked around the block. It was a lovely, sunny day, except for the wind. She told me to text her later if I wanted to go to the sauna. I went home and opened a young coconut. I drank the water and scraped out the insides. I sprayed the sweet potato plants with slightly soapy water. Then I went back to reading.

Jenni texted about walking with Sherri and I agreed. She came over and drove me to Sherri's house (just down the street). We walked up and down the neighborhood streets, talking about this and that. We stood in front of Sherri's house to talk until almost time for Retreat, then Jenni took me home.

I went back to reading Telegram messages and such. I kept getting up to prevent spasms. Chris stopped by between work and Mass. I texted Jamie but there was no response. I continued reading. I took some curcumin labeled for pain relief. I finished off the sprouts so they wouldn't go bad.

I worked on my blog while Chris ate his supper. We watched two episodes of SGA. Chris stayed up for a bit, then went to bed. I went to bed soon after.

No comments: