Saturday, February 10, 2024

Hey, hey, they're the monkeys!

Friday

I woke up before the mp3 ended and couldn't go back to sleep. Well maybe eventually. We woke up before 6 and stayed in bed until after 7. Then we took showers and got ready for the day. I wanted to rinse my sinuses since they kept filling with mucus, but I couldn't find it in the suitcase or carry-on. Nor my comb. But my stomach felt better.

At 8 we went to breakfast at the main area. Several got the omelet and others the typical breakfast. After eating, we got ready for the beach. Chris and I waited by the main building for Jessica and Gabriel. Then the 5 of us got in the car and Gabriel drove us to the beach.

It was called Ventana Beach. I did not see any turtles. First Chris and I walked the beach and swam. Then we sat in the shade for awhile. I went back in the ocean, dodging the waves. Gabriel came to get me. He showed me where there is a channel in the rock and water flows through to the beach. We all took pics. There was a second channel, too.

I went looking for coconuts. I didn't find any good ones, so Chris found a vendor selling them. He bought some for Jessica and Gabriel too. It didn't taste like the ones in the states so …? Then I tried to dig out the meat with Chris' Leatherman. Gabriel got out a machete and hacked it in half. Jessice gave me a plastic spoon, but I was not successful with it. I went back to the tool, but Gabriel made a 'spoon' out of a piece of the shell. It was very thoughtful, but the tool was more effective. Chris said we could bring the coconut back to the hotel, but it was rapidly going soft-ish.

Before we left, there were colorful swimming wraps hanging up and I bought one. On the way back, we stopped at the gas station that has giant dinosaurs. We shopped in the convenience store. They got beer and snacks but I got a 99.9 % chocolate bar.

When we got back to our hotel, we went back to our rooms. I sat down with a Sudoku book. Chris went to the pool. I noticed a big rustling in the trees, and a face looked down at me. It was a Capuchin monkey. All of a sudden, there were lots of them, moving from left to right. Migrating? I got some pics.

Later Chris came to get me, saying everyone was at the pool. So I took my Sudoku book to the pool. I worked on my puzzle while they talked and drank beer and ate chicken wings. Then they found my chocolate bar in with the beer. So I opened it and handed some out. It was pretty good for a 99.9% chocolate bar. Gabriel asked to see the box. It said it had some CBD in it. Apparently that was a big deal. Chris said he is going to self-report it. It wasn't that much and probably only if you eat the entire thing.

Anyway, Herberth left. We chatted some more. Jessica said Chris could go back to Dugway, but I should stay in Costa Rica. She wants me to teach her English over the internet. I got her to type her phone number and e-mail address into my phone. I wanted to walk the path to the beach, so Chris put on shoes and we started down. But it was getting dark so I decided to come back and go tomorrow morning so we have light to take pics. And I needed better shoes.

We met at 6 at the restaurant. On the way, I saw a woman in the small part of the pool with her significant other. She was reading on her phone. Really? I told Chris I wish I had a pic of that. Go to an idyllic place and spend it reading texts. I don't think anyone was really hungry. We got drinks and ordered. Chris and Herberth shared a meal, but didn't finish it. I didn't finish mine. I think they were full of beer and I was full of fruit juices. We watched geckos on the wall surround and capture a moth.

The others went off to bed while Chris paid and we went back to our room. Chris went to bed, but I stayed up to read e-mail and work on my blog. I kept sneezing and blowing my nose, glad I brought the washcloth, but wondering what was causing all the mucus. When I finally went to bed, it was still earlier than I usually turn in.

No comments: