Saturday, February 3, 2024

Packing and leaving

Friday

I got up at 8, hearing my alarm. Chris had gotten up only a little earlier. My throat was sore. I rinsed my sinuses and swabbed my ears. I took some vitamin C and the usual morning supplements. I sent Saronna a message to cancel math morning. I watered the plants.

The chaplain called me to say someone had brought a regulation to his attention that said anyone who works with children in a gov't building must have a background check. So Math Morning had to be canceled until we could sort this out. I told him it was ok. I called Michelle to tell Casey so he wouldn't come. Then I called Saronna to be sure she got my message.

Chris took a shower and then I did. I tried on all the outfits I selected for Costa Rica, then rolled them up and put them in plastic bags. I got dressed while Chris did laundry. I read e-mail for awhile. I posted to my blog for yesterday since we won't have our nightly routine.

Chris got ready to go fuel up, so I asked to go with him and stop at the post office. I got the mail and I gave my swap shop key to Summer. We talked for a bit and I went back to Chris. We drove to the pumps and got gas. He went inside and bought beer. Then we stopped at Keli's house and I dropped off the chapel key.

When we got home, he made his breakfast and I read messages. Then I made and ate my breakfast and fruit from the fridge. When the laundry was done, I put some away and added others to my packing pile. I put everything in plastic bags and put most of them in a zippered case that came with a set of sheets. I collected the supplements that I wanted, but it took too much room, so I put them in a 7 day pill minder. Not quite enough but close.

I vacuumed, then packed snacks for the trip: seed crackers, cheese squares, nuts, and hard boiled eggs. Finally I packed my laptop. Chris packed his and carried the luggage to the car. When I got out there, I suddenly remembered the laundry detergent sheets. Seemed like a good idea since we will have to do laundry at some point. Then we were on our way. We listened to the book on CD all the way to the airport. I think I fell asleep for a little while.

At the airport, it was still raining. My shoes and pant hems got wet walking to the terminal. We checked in with Delta, then went through security. We had to wait in line, but the non -tsa pre-check people did not. Ha!

Chris looked up our gate since it wasn't printed on our tickets. We found seats and got settled. But there was so much time left that I decided to walk the whole concourse A. I checked out the food places and hoped someone would sell dry shoes. But no, at least not for women.

I settled in again beside Chris. Every seat had an outlet, so I plugged in my laptop and read some e-mail, and jotted notes. Since we will be flying all night, I am not sure when to end this post.

No comments: