Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Getting back to Dugway

Sunday

Chris got up at 6 and got ready for Mass. I stayed in bed till he left, then got up and started packing. I also took a shower and got dressed in my travel outfit. I kept packing. He came back to get me. We went to breakfast at a local place with Jessica and Gabriel. Then we came back to the hotel to get our luggage and check out.

G and J drove us to the airport. We hugged them and said our goodbyes. We walked into the terminal with Herberth. Then we waited for the Delta counter to open. When it did, a nice lady helped us print out our tickets, then we stood in line to check baggage. My water bottle fell and broke, leaving water and glass all over. We picked up what glass we could, but they called someone to clean it up. We met a couple who lives in Park City Utah and we talked. After checking luggage, we passed Herberth in a different line and hugged him goodbye.

We proceeded to our gate, passing shopping opportunities. I thought I passed chocolate, so I went back to the one and looked for the kind I got at the gas station. But they didn't have it. I looked at other things, then chose a 70% bar and went to checkout. I asked the clerk for 99.9% cacao and he said you can't get that in Costa Rica. I told him I already had but he looked like he didn't believe me.

I went back to Chris and opened my laptop. I sent Jessica an e-mail, and read incoming e-mail. Then I got up to find the restroom. On the way back, I saw a place to plug in my laptop, so I relocated there. Sadly my laptop wasn't as plugged in as I thought and it continued to lose power.

Then Chris called me back for boarding. I waited with him till first class was called and we boarded the plane. We found our seats and got settled in. I did Sudoku waiting for take-off. Later I looked for a movie to watch and selected Oppenheimer. It was interesting. Somehow watching a movie kept me from minding my ears and they were ok.

It was after 7 when we landed in Atlanta. We went through immigration and picked up our luggage only to check it back in. Then we found our next gate. I went to the restroom to wash out my washcloth. You know, it is kind of nice to travel with a wet washcloth.

I plugged in my laptop and worked on my blog in the airport. We had a meal on the previous flight and I wondered if there would be another one on the next flight. But we didn't sit very long before boarding was called. Then we lined up to get on the plane.

The first class section of this plane was really first class! Each person had their own little 'nest'. I wish it had come with an instruction manual. I wanted to lay the seat back, but the pilot said not to until we cleared the bed weather. I guess by then I was watching a movie.

I don't remember the name. When it ended, I started watching Avatar, but then we landed in SLC. Thankfully we got off the plane pretty quickly because I made a bee-line for the nearest bathroom. Then we went to collect our luggage, which took a long time coming. Then we braved the winter air to walk to his car. We loaded up and paid at the gate. Then he drove us back to base. It was around 1am. We just hit the hay.

No comments: