Saturday, February 24, 2024

Tandem dental visits

Friday

I got up after 8. I got ready for the day, and watered a few things. I rinsed the sprouts. I checked messages online, then went to the chapel for Math Morning. I got there just as Saronna was driving up.

I unlocked the doors and we set our stuff on the tables in the fellowship hall. I sat, waiting for the kids to ask questions. Casey came in and sat down. Sophia asked for help. Then, because it was 9:30, I asked Casey to help her and lock up at 10.

I went home. Chris had the cooler and list ready. We got in his car and headed to Tooele and the dentist. We got there early and neither of us had a book. I was going to walk to the grocery store, but the receptionist said they might take us early.

And they did. Chris got in after a few minutes and me a few minutes later. In fact, they were done with me by 11 and my appt was 11:30. They said I could stay in the chair watching TV until Chris was done. Then we both went to check-out.

After that, we went to Luckey's. While Chris checked out, I walked to Melanie's and shopped for a few things. Then we went to Macey's, then back to base. We stopped at the commissary, and then the post office. I took a moment to lock the swap shop, wondering if Summer had her usual Friday morning hours.

We went home and put the food away. Chris wanted hotdog buns because he bought cheese-filled hotdogs. So I started dough in the bread machine. Then I made breakfast and a week of breakfast mix. I ate while reading e-mail and watching sessions of Better Brain Blueprint. I took the dough out and made it into hotdog size rolls and put it in the oven to rise. Later I baked them.

Then I went to the company house to get the laundry going. The dryer was full of towels and pillow cases and I wondered if I had done that, but I don't think so. I went home and had supper: mushrooms and onions and squash. Again, I read articles. I looked up solutions to the fitted sheets entangling with pillowcases and wash cloths. All of them had problems. I wondered if I were to sew a short lingerie loop to each corner, then thread them on a safety pin, if that would stop the tangling.

I worked on my blog post. I finished a few articles. I put some goat cheese in a jar for Michelle. I added some Myst IV hints to my phone. I stopped by the company house to throw the laundry in the dryer. Then I showed up at Michelle's house. Casey put the game on the TV. I gave her the cheese and she added some spices and ate it. We chatted for awhile, then I loaded the game and started to play. From time to time I read hints, but there wasn't really anything to solve. I guess I was just collecting clues for later?

About 10:30 I found myself in the same spot I started, so I saved the game for next week. However, we continued to chat for an hour, so it was 11:30 till I got home. I turned stuff off, then got ready for bed and turned in.

No comments: