Saturday, February 17, 2024

Best dental visit ever

Friday

I got up before 7:30, having slept through the night. I parsed supplements for the week. Summer called to say the shop was locked. I went to the swap shop to get coffee machine, talk about the key, and get a package at post office. I talked to the clerk, and we got interrupted by a phone call. Someone wants me to clean their house regularly. ThenI went to company house to start the laundry, and return the sheets and towels from last week.

I went home and made an early breakfast. We went to Tooele. Chris dropped me off at the dentist and went shopping. I was taken to a special room. She gave me a remote control for the TV in the ceiling and I called up season 8 of Royal Pains. That was awesome because I had not seen it. While I watched the show, the lady scanned my top teeth. The dentist drilled out the remaining crown. Anesthesia was not needed. Then she scanned my bottom teeth. She made a 3-D image that could be rotated to any angle. Fascinating! They explained the process of making the new crown and he inserted a temporary one, with cautions.

I went to the check-out desk to pay. Chris joined me there. She gave me an appt card for 3 weeks from now and said they would call if the crown came in early. We got in the car and headed back to base, listening to the book on CD.

We stopped at the gas station, and then the commissary. We got a few more things, then went home. He unpacked the food while I went to the company house to change the laundry and dress one bed. Then I went home. I ate a banana. My tongue told me that the temp crown was gone. So I looked in the mirror but didn't really know what I was looking at.

I read e-mail till time to go back. I put the towels in the dryer and dressed the two remaining beds. I went home and Chris was baking mushrooms. I put some ground beef in the toaster oven. It and the mushrooms finished about the same time. So that was supper. That and some seed crackers with avocado dip.

I listened to a series on Dementia, and one on current events. I worked on my blog. I made tea. We watched two episodes of SGA. Chris went to bed and I stayed up as usual.

No comments: