Sunday, February 18, 2024

Peelings, nothing more than peelings

Saturday

I got up after 8. Chris had been up since 4:30 to game with the guys at the ACS building. I went to the bathroom and just as I flushed, I spotted what might have been my temporary crown. But it was too late to save. I took my morning supplements. I checked e-mail. I printed out templates for a strawberry coaster. But I decided to do the hanging basket instead. I started a sample in my sewing room. I cut and gathered as much fusible fleece and iron-on stabilizer as I thought would be needed.

I asked Chris for a coconut oil massage. He pointed out that he was shedding flaky skin all over the place. Ew! But he gave me the massage anyway. Afterward, I took a shower, then made and ate breakfast. Chris started the laundry. He found pillowcases from the company house in the dryer. I took them to the chapel to iron.

As long as I was there, I set up sewing machines and the ironing board. Saronna stopped by with her kids. They were interested in what I was making so I showed them how to make the hanging basket. Isodora stopped by, wanting to work on her dress. I didn't have enough time to help much. I had forgotten my phone so I could not take pics of finished projects.

It was after 4 when they left. I went to the company house to put on the pillowcases and to clean. It took about 45 minutes. Then I went home and tried to nap. But text broke my drowsiness. I answered the text, then deleted e-mail.

I listened to Ben Greenfield. I ate a grapefruit and my crown came out. Did I lose half of it before, or just thought I did. It didn't fit at first, but eventually I got it back in right. I wondered if it would stay...

I grabbed a quilt top and some fusible fleece. I went to the chapel for Project Night. But no one came. That meant I was able to finish my sample bag, and consider how I might fuse fleece to the back of the quilt top with a small ironing board. Would it be better to iron on a table, but would it hurt the table?

At 8, I packed everything up and went home. I was having a niacin flush. In addition to the usual symptoms, I was also weak and lightheaded. So I sat for a while. I offered to help Chris dress the bed and he said no, just put the clothes away. So I did.

Then I got the water jug and some tea and went to Game Night at the Cleggs. The kids were in bed. He put the game up on the TV. The three of us talked about this and that. I offered them CBD chocolate. He declined, but she and I had some. It had degraded significantly since I opened the first pouch last week. Incredible! But it was still good. And at one point, crunchy. Crowns are crunchy. Michelle gave me a baggie to put it in.

I played the game, with hints and somehow solved the puzzle and linked back to Tamahna. I linked to the new world of Haven. I should have created a save point up front, but I didn't. It wasn't a problem until some creature grabbed me and flew me to a distant location in the forest. THEN I created a save point and closed the game.

We chatted some more, then I went home. I brought the water container inside and set it on the counter. Then I went through my bedtime routine and went to bed.

No comments: