Monday, February 26, 2024

Practicing our Spanish

Sunday

I got up around 8:30. I went to the kitchen to rinse the sprouts, and take supplements, etc. I read e-mail and Telegram messages. I made a batch of seed crackers. While they were baking, I made more seed cracker mixes. Then I did something else that escapes me now.

At noon, I started on breakfast. After eating, I got dressed for church. My jacket had a hole in it so I quickly sewed it up. I warmed up on trombone. I put the seed crackers in a container and took them to the chapel.

The chaplain and another lady were practicing one of the praise songs when I got there. I put my trombone together and added some water to the slide. I played a few notes to get going. By then they were done. So I chatted with them as others came in.

Ginger gave me a small package that she picked up in San Antonio. It was an ornament with the shape of Texas in a horseshoe. It was very thoughtful. Then Gary started the service with three praise songs. I didn't know any of them. Then Pastor Chris preached on the last few chapters of Revelation. He went over time but I don't think anyone minded.

Saronna and I closed the service with two hymns. Then there was much chatting and snacking. And we didn't leave until 3. Chris was wrapping up his game as I got home.

I sat outside, barefoot, reading. Then we called Jessica and chatted with her and with Gabriel. It was good practice in English and Spanish. It went better once I got on the translation app. I didn't pronounce the Spanish words correctly, but they figured out what I was trying to say. We agreed to talk again next week.

Chris cooked steaks. He got online with the other Damours. Then we played the family game: searching an abandoned village and running into children that had been turned into wraiths. After the game, I made tea and rinsed both sets of sprouts. Then we watched two episodes of SGA season 4. Later, Chris went to bed. I stayed up to post to my blog. I also posted to Facebook for band practice tomorrow. It took way too long because the Facebook window is running so slowly.

No comments: