Sunday, February 11, 2024

Do we know the way to San Jose?

Saturday

I woke up really early and could not go back to sleep. Finally I got up and dressed. There was no water to flush the toilet or to rinse out my wash cloth that I have been using to wipe my nose.

I went to the pool area early to wait for Jessica and Gabriel. Chris did not want to come. When they arrived, they told the pool man about the lack of water. Then we took the walking trail to turtle beach. I picked up a stick to help with walking. Gabriel led the way, checking for snakes. Jessica walked behind me. Then Gabriel got a stick for himself and Jessica. We took some pics along the way.

First we went down some steep steps. Then we crossed an old road and walked through what looked like jungle. We crossed a bridge. I felt like Indiana Jones finding clues in the jungle. Finally we came to the beach. But it looked like it needed a lot more water. The water was very shallow and the sand was soft and sinking. We saw tiny white crabs waiting to find food.

Finally we turned around and walked back. The hardest part was climbing the steps. Uggh! But we made it back to the pool area around 8. They went to meet Herberth at breakfast and I checked on Chris. He was still in bed. He got dressed and we walked to breakfast.

We had omelets for breakfast. Yesterday it was served with two pieces of toast and I took one bite and gave them to Chris. But today there were 4 pieces on the plate and I couldn't get enough. I did not mean to eat them all.

We went back to pack and the water was on. I rinsed the cloth out and took it along to pat on my sunburn. We packed and went to Gabriel's car to wait. When the others showed up, we put the luggage in and climbed in the back seat. Then we were off to San Jose. And yes, Kurt, we do know the way to San Jose.

We stopped twice along the way: once to get drinks, and once to stretch. When we got to San Jose, we went to a restaurant for early dinner. I don't think anyone finished their meal. I got an octopus salad. The building used to be a plantation house and they had old implements hanging on the walls. It was a nice place with good food.

Then we got back in the car and went this way and that, trying to get around traffic to the hotel. We checked in, then I went shopping with Jessica and Gabriel. We went to Fresh Market for aloe gel, and another place for hydrogen peroxide. Herberth texted a few things he wanted and we got those too. I wanted more of the 99.9% chocolate, but the chocolate store is closed on weekends.

When we got back, they said they'd see me in the morning. Since they live near there, they went home. Chris and I had a room next to Herberth. We talked about church in the morning, and breakfast afterward. They left and I went in the room. I got on my laptop and listened to the interview between Tucker Carlson and Putin. Chris went to bed. I made tea and worked on my blog. And then I went to bed.

No comments: