Thursday, July 1, 2010

The seeds of a great idea

I got up early as usual to make Chris' lunch, but did not go back to bed. Instead I tried to finish the puzzle I started, but just couldn't see it well enough to get anywhere. So then I did lay down for just a bit, then ate breakfast with e-mail. Nothing terribly exciting there. About 10:30 I headed out to the thrift shop. There wasn't enough to shelve so I went through certain overcrowded shelves and weeded out all the financial and business books from the 80's and 90's. When I needed a break, I sat in the break room and counted pieces to a 1500 pc puzzle. There were 1504. One of the other ladies decided to take it home to assemble and see if the right 1500 were there. She doesn't do puzzles so she asked me how long it should take. I told her to figure an hour per hundred. Too ambitious? Maybe. I left at 2 to head home for a lesson at 2:30. She was early, but waited for the right time, which gave me a chance to clean up and have a bite to eat. She almost finished the purse we started last week. Michele then left to give a lesson of her own. She has been recruited to teach English to Korean kids in their home. Chris came home to start supper and I left for quilt class. Tonight Melanie was helping the students sew the purse pieces they cut out last week. During class, Kinjal scheduled a private lesson with me tomorrow to learn how to make a little girl's dress. Sue told me where to buy organic kimchi and wrote a note in Korean for me to show the shopkeeper. Cathy told me she checked into providing baby quilts for the women of Yongsan as well as those from out of town. After class I drove home. Michele wasn't home yet, but arrived as I was trying to call her. She had been given books to teach English from and we had a nice chat about things she could do for the next lesson. I washed my seeds in their sprouting bag and took a pic to show how they have sprouted. I tasted some and they are spicy. I will eat more tomorrow and start another batch.

No comments: