Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day and Michele's B-day


It wasn't a holiday for Michele. So after having her grandmother wrap her foot, she headed out for college. Chris and his mother went on post for something, and Al and I stayed home. I made my first piece of orgonite. I used a rubber muffin pan and some paraffin from a foot bath I got on a yard sale. I had a crystal, and cut up some metal scrubbies and some aluminum foil. I also put in some amethyst and rose quartz chips. Then I put it out on the porch to harden. After lunch we all walked into Itaewon looking for Paris Baguette. Along the way, we were stopped by a couple of college students looking for ladies to interview. The interview consisted of questions like "who would you call to put out a fire?" "Who drives this truck?" (It's a mail truck). Then she took my picture with the survey to prove that she didn't make it up. Then we continued our walk. We found the place inside the HAmilton hotel. They had a number of delicious cakes, and we chose a chocolate one for Michele's birthday. We carried it home and put it in the fridge. I got on my computer for the afternoon. Chris and Cecily made chicken and chorizo, and squash for supper. WE ate at 6:30. Michele came home at 7:25, but it didn't take her long to catch up. Then we brought out the cake and put candles on it, sang, etc. She got a scarf, a top, socks, and a check. Cecily went to bed, then Chris followed suit. Al and I stayed up talking. Finally I decided to quick post to my blog, but then Faye Skyped me. So we talked for while. Until Michele came to bed (currently in the computer room) and wanted me to leave so she could get some sleep. So I didn't get to blog until the next day.

No comments: