Thursday, September 9, 2010

Another thrifty Thursday

I did not sleep well because of a mosquito buzzing in my ear. I wished it would bite me and leave. Well, it eventually left, and I had three new bite marks.
I got up briefly to make Chris a sandwich. He had to leave extra early. Then I slept until 10. I had a quick breakfast and a glance at e-mail. Then Chris met me at the gate. We went to his office and I drove the car to the thrift shop. It wasn't raining when I went in, but poured after that. I finished the books too quickly. Then I got put on doll-dressing detail. It was tough because the clothes available were torn, dirty, stretched out, and mis-matched. Getting the box of naked dolls down was the worst part. It turned out to be very heavy and it wrenched my back. I was able to continue, but stayed seated. At 2 I drove to the gate and walked home in the rain. My student showed up at 3. Her mother wanted her to learn how to make pillows. So we worked on two kinds. I got to use my 20" square ruler for the first time. She had to leave early to get her hair done. I laid down for a little while, and read some more e-mail. I learned that red beet juice is good for lowering blood pressure. I had a glass of vegetable juice and some bison stew, then I went to post to pick Chris up from work. We left the car on post. It was after 6 when I returned to the car to drive to the South Post Chapel. I was later than usual because I did not intend to set up tables with my back wrenched. We had to squeeze into half a room because there was a Bible study in the other half. Seems we were not on the schedule so they thought the room was open. Anyway, Melanie gave info on how to put the blocks together, and sew on borders and binding. It was a lot of info and we decided we needed another class for people to ask questions after they tried to finish their quilts. But they also decided that they needed more time, so we will have an apron-making class next week.
We all left in the pouring rain. It was hard to see the road. But I got home safely. I had a drink of fermented milk, then retired to my computer for the evening. *This is a pic I took in class of a QOV Melanie finished for me*

No comments: