Friday, September 3, 2010

Topless coconut

I made Chris a sandwich before he went to work. I got on the computer (which had mysteriously recovered), then later had breakfast. Michele left about 10 for college. I finished cleaning the porch. The dirtiest part was emptying the vacuum. I watched some Youtube videos on how to open a young coconut. It wasn't too hard. Not like when I was a child. I think we spent hours trying to open a coconut. The top popped off, and I poured out the water. It was SOOO good. Forget shoe-shopping good, this was fabric-shopping good! And the meat inside was soft. I was able to scrape it out with a spoon. I put the water and the meat into the blender to make coconut milk. Then I poured it all into a previous batch of fermented coconut. I plan to get another one 'cause this one was so tasty.

The other big thing I did was to finish the mixer cover. You may think it looks like a just a quilt (pic later) but consider the source. By then it was almost midnight.
Let me just mention in closing a few things that I read on the internet. One is hydrogen peroxide therapy. It is relatively inexpensive, and is very good for colds, infectious diseases, etc. But not a big money maker for the drug companies. The other thing is thermography. It is more effective than mammography and uses no radiation. Most mammograms use 1000x the ionizing radiation used for a chest x-ray.

No comments: