Sunday, September 5, 2010

Their last sunday here

Today was the Lund's last Sunday here in Korea. They fly back to the states on Saturday. I'm kind of jealous. Anyway, before church started, Nancy said they'd like to take us out to eat on Friday night. After church, we had a catered buffet in honor of their leaving (and Rick's retirement). The choir sang for them, too.
On our way home from church we saw more devastation from the storm. I hear there were no injuries, but the tree toll is close to 150. Scary!
Chris and Michele spent the afternoon on their computers with movies running on the TV. I found a skirt in my sewing room that I got at the thrift shop in order to cut it up. But since I have lost weight, it came close to fitting me, so I altered the waistband to fit me. (I seem to have an unusually high waist-to-hip ratio). But neither Chris nor Michele like the fabric. Oh well.
I also spent time choosing fabrics for a blue quilt, but an all blue quilt seems kinda bland, doesn't it?
We had leftovers for supper. I made another glass of vegetable juice, then washed the juicer really well. I also added some whey to the sauerkraut. It is finally tasting like sauerkraut should. But it keeps trying to mold on top:(

No comments: