Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Birthday. Kurt

I spent the morning on my computer clearing e-mail, and then I got Skyped by my sister. They were all gathered at my parents' house for my brother's birthday, and it was time to sing. So we all sang and he turned another year older. Several of them brought their plates of cake close to the screen so I would be sure to see them. I suggested they scan me a piece, but nothing arrived:( William showed me the latest new quarter. We chatted for almost 2 hours. For a while I felt like I was at home.
Afterwards, I went into my sewing room to work on class samples. I made a fabric bowl, a small triangular gift bag, and started a quilt-as-you-go project. The gift bag is cute but hardly seemed practical. Even after I made it, I wasn't impressed.
Romaric came over for supper and stayed to game with Chris and Michele. I worked on sewing batting scraps together so I could quilt my squares. I love making something out of nothing. I only made 6 squares, but they are big. It helped to have a 20" square ruler. I have quilted 5 so far with fancy stitches. But I probably won't do another quilt this way because it takes almost a bobbin per square.

No comments: