Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cold morning

After my usual morning routine (do you really want to hear about the sandwich - again?), I went to the thrift shop. I had to wear pants because all of a sudden, it turned cold. Not so many books today, so I spent some time straightening up the shelves, and counting puzzle pieces, etc. My student walked in at 2:35 and we went to my apt. She hadn't done a thing since last week. We worked on making a pillow with scalloped edges. Her idea of scallops didn't work, so I re-did it. Then it was time for her to go. I told her father to cancel her next lesson if she hadn't done any work by then. The other frustrating thing is, she just has to touch everything. I had just bought a 'grabber' at the thrift shop and she just had to 'grab' things with it while I was trying to show her what to do next. Maybe I need to work with older students.
After she left, I had something to eat, and looked around the apartment for sample projects to take to class. I left early so I could talk to the group who has been taking over our second room. But they did not show up. Hence I got some alone time to work on QOV. Then people started showing up. Quite a few people came, but they did not all stay. In fact, by the time I answered all questions and got out the samples, half of them had left. So I only got a few opinions on what projects they wanted to see in the future. Afterwards, I met Chris in the parking lot and we drove home. I read e-mail, and learned about the people who have had their amalgam fillings removed and their health improved dramatically.
Julia wanted to know what I thought of the music she left on the MP3 player she gave me yesterday, so I spent some time playing songs and trying to access other directories. Finally I plugged it into my computer. From there I could access everything and play it, too. I downloaded the manual. Now I want to try the instructions, but I can't disconnect it, because I don't have the proper icon :(

No comments: