Thursday, September 16, 2010

Apron class

Chris still had his lunch from yesterday so I slept in a little. Then I got up to make a sample apron. It took me awhile to select just the right fabrics, and then I did not have room to work. So I had to carry all the new fabric out to the bedroom. when I had finally cleared enough space, it was time to leave. I drove to gate 17 to sign Joan on. She works at the thrift shop like I do. So we went there. I was greeted by no fewer than 5 boxes of donated books IN ADDITION to the full bin. AND there was a box of videos, too. I did not think I would get it all done, but I did, barely. Many of the books were donated by a teacher, probably of foreign languages: french, italian, spanish. We couldn't keep them all so I donated three boxes to charity. At two I signed Joan off post, then returned to the thrift shop to await my student. She came about 2:35. I drove us to the walk-in gate, and we walked to my apartment. She had brought leftover chicken wings from home. I re-heated them for her. But even so, she said she was tired and hungry and just wanted to take a nap. Since her father was coming for her at 4, I tried to keep her on track. When it was almost time for him to arrive, suddenly she wanted us to hurry so she could finish the project. But there just wasn't time, so she left it in my sewing room. After she left, I worked on the apron. I decided to finish it at the church because they have the big tables. I got there just after 6. The bible study group from last week had already taken over one of our rooms. I set up as best I could in the remaining room. Ladies from the group across the hall kept coming to talk to me. As if I had nothing to do. And one lady wanted me to show her how to do tonight's project before her study started. Other than that, everything went well. Although no one finished, they all got far enough to finish at home. When I got home, Chris reminded me that I had left a load of fabric on the bed. I went in there to clear it off, and laid down, and tried really hard not to fall asleep. Then he came in and carried it out for me. I stayed up to type this post, but am looking forward to hitting the sack.

No comments: