Monday, September 13, 2010

Hair cut

I went back to bed after making the PB&J. It was not a good idea because then I overslept until after 9. Quilt group starts at 9:30! I called Cathy and told her I'd be late. Then I could eat and dress at a normal pace. I got there a little after 10. Ultimately there were 6 or 7 of us, and we worked on baby quilts, finishing 9 of them. By 2:30 we were packed up, and Judy went to the hospital with me to deliver the quilts. There was no one in the office, so we just left them there. Then I took Judy back to the DHL, and went to the salon by the PX to get my hair cut. I hadn't gone sooner because I needed my car to get there. Speaking of which, Nancy and Rick returned it WITH NEW TIRES! How cool is that? It drives much better now. Thank you Rick and Nancy.
Lucky for me, my hairdresser had a space in her schedule for me and fit me right in. While cutting, she told me about her husband who smokes and has cancer. I, having no medical expertise and not even playing a doctor on TV, gave her advice anyway. I suggested she get him some natto, which is the highest source of Vit K2. After getting my hair cut, I wandered around Four Seasons and GNC, but didn't buy anything. Then I drove home. Michele was home, not feeling well. I made a few suggestions, but she didn't take any of them. I had a bite to eat and got on the computer. I learned that Schwarzenegger probably means 'from the village of Schwarzenegg (which means something like 'the black castle'). BTW, Arnold is coming here to talk to Korea about high speed rail travel. I doubt he'll get to see me, though. I'm pretty busy.
After Chris came home, we had leftovers (gotta clean that fridge out) and they watched movies while I went into my sewing room to pick fabrics to go with my blocks from yesterday. I have narrowed it down, but want to make my final decisions in daylight.
I forgot to mention that yesterday I put some natto in a jar of soy milk to ferment it. I read that the certain bacillus used for natto is responsible for it's high vit K2 content. Today I tasted it and the natto-fermented milk is much better than the natto itself.
*This is not me or my hairdresser, just a random shot to show the salon.*

No comments: