Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sample sashing

I did not have anywhere to go today, so I spent the morning cleaning up, putting away laundry, etc. I finished hemming Michele's A-line skirt with the smallest hem allowance I could make. I held it up for her to try on to see if I got it right, but she declined, so I laid it on her bed. I took a shower about lunchtime thinking a student was coming at 1. But she never showed up, nor called. I spent some time on my computer reading an e-book, and listening to my improve-your-eyesight subliminal MP3.
I got an e-mail message from USPS that a package I sent couldn't be delivered and I should print out a label and go back to the post office to try mailing it again. Well, the label attachment was an executable file, which made no sense. Instead of clicking on it, I went to the USPS website where I found a message about people getting spam messages that look like they are from USPS. I wonder what would have happened had I opened that file?
I also tested a pile of unmarked CD's from the thrift store to see which ones were blank so we could sell them. One had Beatles tunes. I started singing along, but Michele found that distracting so I had to quit. I also tested a med. size flat rate box to see how many yards of fabric fit in it. Chris came home a little early and started supper. We talked for awhile waiting for it to cook. After we ate, I got back on my computer to e-mail a few people. Then I went into my sewing room to work on the project I started 2 weeks ago. What do you think of this green and yellow sashing?

No comments: