Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Don't hate me because I'm thin....

Hate me because I'm beautiful." That was the response I wanted to give Ella when I walked into the thrift shop and she said, "Look how thin you are. I hate you." Thankfully we are good friends and can say stuff like that to each other.
I had the usual morning, including sandwich-making, going back to bed, having breakfast and showering. Chris left his phone at home, so I took it to him in exchange for a ride to the thrift shop. I also had the usual thrift shop experience - lots of books and DVD's to shelve. But I got it all done, and some shelf arranging too. I was supposed to go to Dongdaemun with Cathy, but she couldn't go, again. So I worked late, then walked toward home. I stopped on the way to sit on a rock and read a book while resting my bare feet on the ground. If you are wondering why I posted a picture of my feet, it's because they must be very interesting. The ants had a ball climbing all over them. (In deference to one of my readers, there are no ants in this picture.) I was trying to read "The Slow-Down Diet". So far the main point is that it isn't what you eat, it's your emotional state while you eat it. And when you take the time to really taste your food, you will start making better choices.
So I finished my walk home. This time I went over the pedestrian bridge and even up the stairs to the apt. I didn't think my legs could make it after the hike yesterday, but they did. I read through my e-mail. I learned that dentist offices are the number one source of mercury contamination of water. Silver fillings are 50% mercury. It is delivered to the office with a skull and crossbones. If the dentist takes a filling out, it is considered hazardous waste. But it's OK to put it in your mouth?!?
Chris came home and fixed leftovers for supper. Michele came home at 6. After supper we had grapes and I fell asleep on the couch again. But didn't stay there. After not sleeping so well last night, I made an effort to stay awake.

No comments: