Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Feels like a Saturday...

...because Chris and Michele were home. I however, went to the Chosun to pick up some Seoul Survivor books. I thought it would be a short stay, but ran into people to talk to. I was supposed to meet Julia at 10:30, so I rushed but her plans had changed. So we agreed to meet at Sadang, by car 6-1 going east. I figured I would be ahead of her, so I sat in my car and read for awhile. Plus, the only way to dry out my car is to roll the windows down, and I have to be there the whole time in case it starts to rain. Speaking of which, the roads on post were dry. All that water was gone like it had never been there. While sitting in my car, I did the 6-second breathing technique. I read about it on the internet. I breathe into my stomach for 6 seconds, and out for 6 seconds, for about 3 minutes. Breathing in low is very important. For some reason I can't explain, everything goes better after that. My intuition is stronger and my luck is better. When I went into the subway, the train to Sadang was at the station, and I just made it through the doors before they closed completely. A leap and a forward roll would have been really cool, but since no one was shooting at me, I just squeezed through the doors like a normal person. I was worried about finding the connecting train from the blue line because we had trouble once before. But it was so easy and car 6-1 stops right in front of the entrance to that platform. I was impressed that she knew the subway so well, but it turns out that she picked the car number at random. How lucky is that? She arrived on car 6-1 and I hopped on. We got off at Gangnam. She wanted to find a restaurant that was open, and it took awhile, most places being closed for Chusok. We ordered something from the menu that looked to have veggies, but turned out to be mostly noodles, hot dogs, pepperoni and baloney. We traded flax seed (my ground for her unground), and soap. She also gave me her old MP3 player. I can't wait to use it. After lunch, we walked down the main street. We stopped at a store that sells cutesy things, most of them with faces. I don't like things with faces but I did find marshmallow mushrooms. Then we went to the DAISO store. We have a small one on post, but this was much bigger with more selection. They even had snacks from Snyder's of Hanover. Too funny. Then we headed for the subway. We were able to get back to post and see the 3pm showing of Sorcerer's Apprentice. It had lots of action. If you see it, stay through the credits. Then I took her to gate 17 to sign her out. But another friend met us there and signed her back in, so basically I just handed her off to Leslie. I went home from there, read some e-mail, ate some supper. When Julia was ready to leave post, I ran down with her package of tea tree oil (which I had forgotten earlier). I passed it through the fence since the gate was closed. There are no outside guards now, so no one noticed. Either that, or I am now being followed surreptitiously.

No comments: