Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's Raining, it's pouring...

...the old man is snoring. But I couldn't sleep through all the rain. I did sleep through Chris' going to work, so he had to make his own sandwich. I woke up about 8:30. It was the usual morning routine, and then I went to the thrift shop. I forgot to pack my lunch, too. So I ate my emergency can of nuts (which was less than half full) and a stale piece of Hershey's chocolate that I found in my purse. But I digress. It was raining. I had lots of books to shelve and videos, too. I meant to leave at 2, but stayed a little later 'cause Cathy didn't need me at the AnC center. I left about 2:30 and it was a mess out there. School was letting out and the intersections were flooded in varying degrees. I made it to the commissary to get wheat germ and considered taking a taxi home. I ended up parking in the lot and walking off post because I was soaked already. The parking lot was covered in 2 inches of water. The road I crossed to get off post was knee-deep. As I left the pedestrian bridge, a car drove by initiating a 6-foot wave of spray. Finally home, I took off my wet shoes, and had some real lunch. I refilled my emergency nut can and only then realized that we are almost out of raisins, too. I finished clearing e-mail, and retired to my sewing room. While working on a gift pouch, I watched the Korean news. The top story was the flooding. I did not need to understand the words to see what was happening. One of the subway stations was flooded. Several of the post gates were closed. Cars were stalled everywhere. Tomorrow is Chusok, which is the Korean Thanksgiving. So many people have left to see their relatives. Very little will be open tomorrow even if it hadn't rained.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

I enjoyed the sights and sounds of the video! I love a good rain!