Thursday, September 30, 2010

Now coming to a pumpkin patch near you

As part of my usual morning routine, I got on my computer to read all the e-mail. I came across an interesting bit of information: a 20 second hug will cause the secretion of oxytocin which promotes feelings of bonding. So next time you hug someone, don't make it a quickie. It was all too close to 11am when I set out for post with my jar of sauerkraut. The top part went bad, so I decided to 'feed' it to the tomato plants behind Chris' office. I went to the thrift shop after that, parking at the top of the hill behind the post office so I wouldn't be in the school rush hour traffic when I left. There wasn't a lot of books to shelve, but lots of CD's, and odd items to be priced. At 2:25 I left and walked to the school to meet Jade, my sewing student. When she crossed the street, we proceeded up the hill to my car. I thought that going the back way would be faster, but there was still a line of cars waiting at the intersection. So anyway, by the time we got to my apartment, it wasn't any faster. She brought a cup of dried noodles to cook with hot water, and I had lunch, too. She didn't like anything I ate: natto, bean sprouts, dried squid. While she played with her food, she also blew plastic bubbles with a little straw. We wasted a lot of time that way. Finally I had to put my foot down to start the lesson. She had only brought one item, a scalloped pillowcase, and I had to turn and press it for her. She wanted to work on a tote bag instead. Not that she had any fabric with her. So I scrounged up some denim, cut the requisite pieces, and made her pin, sew and press. When her father arrived, I gave her a homework assignment to finish both projects. She wants to start a new one next week! AFter she left, I got back on the computer to finish e-mail. Chris came home and started supper. I did not realize how late it was until after 6. then I raced over to the SPC for class. Luckily I had readied everything over the weekend so I could just grab it and go. No one was there, and the first person arrived late, which left me worried. The guys that have been using our second room were open to using the room across the hall, and the ladies across the hall were accommodating. So that worked well. Melanie brought her fusible pumpkin project to show for next week. Everyone started a stuffed pumpkin, and I took a pic at the end of class. They all stayed to help clean up which was wonderful. Then I drove my car to the parking lot, and picked up Chris' car to drive home. Chris and Michele were watching Serenity, and then 300. Finally it was time to blog and go to bed.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

Oh, I like the material pumpkins!!