Friday, September 24, 2010

Surprise quilting

After making Chris a green sandwich (I put a little chlorella in the bread dough), I went back to bed, thinking I had a free day. But at 8 Cathy called to say she had too many things happening at once, and could I meet Judy for her at 10 to help her with a quilt that would take all day? So I got up then, and took my shower, had breakfast, skimmed e-mail, packed my lunch and was ready to head out. That is when I realized I was a little early, so I did 'one more thing'. It is always that 'one more thing' that makes me late: I packed the Seoul Survivors in a box to mail to Tina. Then I discovered that there was room for two more than I had. I ran down to the car, and drove over to the AnC center. Judy wasn't ready for me yet because Cathy was finishing up her quilt. But they didn't want me to leave. So I stayed. Cathy left, and in the next three hours we finished Judy's quilt. I love those bright colors on black! Cathy came back just as we finished. She put her quilt back on the longarm, and was working on it. Judy offered to buy us lunch for our help, but I had eaten my squid and seaweed (hey, its better than a green sandwich), and Cathy had eaten too. It was about 2:30 when I left. I went near the Px to get a bicycle pump (Helen called to go bike riding tomorrow), and I got some won, too. Then I went by the ACS to get some S.S.'s but they still did not have any. Then I parked at gate 17 and went to the kimchi store. But they were closed. All the other stores were open however. One lady was putting sheets of seaweed through a roller, and they came out toasted, oiled and salted. It was better than any popcorn I have had. Mmmm! But I bought the dried squid there, because they had such a good price. I also dropped by the housewares store looking for a knob to fit a pan lid. But they didn't have it. I tried a hardware store, too, but no luck there either. It was after 5 by the time I got home. I would have gotten on e-mail then, but Yahoo mail was down. We had supper and watched episodes of Eureka on a DVD.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

Ummm... that Better-than-popcorn Seaweed sounds really good!

Fern said...

Oh, it was. The only reason I didn't buy any was that it wouldn't have been hot by the time I got it home.