Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rick's retirement luncheon

Chris did not need a sandwich today so I slept in. I had the usual morning, and then Skyped Kurt for awhile. I dressed in a skirt for the luncheon. Michele was wearing a blue dress with green and white striped socks. I didn't think the socks went with the dress, so she changed - she changed everything but the socks. And still didn't match. She asked if I was ashamed to be seen with her. I said 'No, you make me look good'. She didn't care for that response. Chris picked us up inside the gate at 11:40. We arrived at the Navy Club close to noon. After standing around for awhile, we all sat. A few words later, we were encouraged to eat. It was a buffet, but mostly protein. They had sausage balls, chicken-on-a-stick, ribs, fried cheese sticks, fried shrimp, more fried meat, and rolls. Later they added two fruit platters. Veggies, anyone? Hello! Nancy (Rick's wife) baked three pies - pecan, cherry, and French silk. Needless to say I did not eat a lot. (Her pies were very good. I had a bite of one.)
After eating, the ceremony included lots of people saying lots of nice things to and about them. On the table were folded papers that looked like programs, but inside we were encouraged to write fond memories. Their son sent a power point presentation showing all the places Rick has worked, with pictures and retirement wishes from other people who were there. It was very touching. At the end the cake was cut, but people were scooting out to get back to work. Rick took Michele and I back to our gate because Chris had already left for a 1pm meeting. We got back at 2. I was supposed to have a new sewing student, but she got lost and after trying for most of an hour, gave up looking for this place and decided to come on Friday by taking the bus. I sat down at my computer to read e-mail, then took a break to do some Ken-Ken puzzles. Chris came home and put some bison stew on the stove. Sadly it was not ready when I left. I walked down the hill to catch the 405 bus. The light turned green for me to cross and then the bus drove up. It was so perfectly timed! I had to stand most of the way to Itaewon, and the bus lurched constantly. But it dropped me off exactly where I wanted to be. I climbed up the two stories of steps, and turned to the left. I went to Body, Mind Seoul. I had been here once before for a meet-up group. It was good. Anne came and Jason led us in several tapping sessions. He let me lead a few also. He seems to prefer the Sedona method, however. His friend Mark, came in later after doing ACCESS on someone. It is also some sort of energy releasing protocol. Anyway, it was all so interesting. Then I caught the 405 bus back home. This time I got to sit down. Back at the apt, I had some bison stew, finished more e-mail, then mineralized my teeth.

No comments: