Sunday, July 29, 2012

Arriving at the beach

I thought we'd get up really early so we could drive while it was cool. But Chris did not want to get to the beach before the check-in time for the house. So we showered, dressed and went to the dining room for breakfast. I brought mine pre-mixed. After breakfast, we loaded the luggage in the car and set off. Again, we drove with the windows down. We had to turn up the book on CD so we could hear it over the wind noise. I thought we arrived at 1:15, but my watch was still on Alabama time. The beds were already made. So all we had to do was put the food away. I got out my bread machine and put in the makings of a honey oatmeal loaf. Cecily gave me a pile of 16 x 16 Sudoku sheets. I started one. Later William brought me a pair of his shorts with the button that had fallen off. As luck would have it, I had grabbed a needle and thread just before we left. AND I had grabbed some scraps to park my needle and two pins in. When the button came off, it took the background fabric with it. So I needed to cover the hole and reinforce the fabric around in before sewing on the button. So it all worked out very well. Around 5:30 Chris, Becca and Cecily started supper. I looked out at the beach and noticed there were people on the beach, but very few in the water. I figured either the water was cold or there were jellyfish. I walked down there to discover that the water was perfectly warm, and there were only a few well-thrashed jelly fish. But, since supper was coming soon, I did not change into my suit. Supper consisted of Panko chicken, cooked spinach, noodles, asparagus, and tomatoes. Cecily brought mung bean noodles for me. The others ate whole wheat spaghetti. After cleaning up the plates, we put on our suits and went to the beach. At first it was just Olivia, Becca, Michele and I. But then Chris came out, too. We had a great time splashing in the surf. But even though the water was warm, the air was cool and windy. So I began to get cold. We came in and washed off the sand, dried off and changed clothes. I finished the giant Sudoku puzzle. I went upstairs with my laptop to get on the internet. There were no audios to listen to, and not that much e-mail to read. So I can go to bed early. Olivia thinks I am waking her up at 5 to go back to the beach.
* I will add a pic tomorrow *

No comments: