Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nixed the audition

I don't remmber when I got up, but then I watered the garden, made bread for Chris, exercised, ate breakfast, read e-mail, posted to my blog, and changed my time zone in Yahoo because now they show the calendar in the time zone they think you are in. Over the weekend I noticed the Yongsan quilt group calendar was messed up and not sending notices. So I fixed it, putting in the usual 9:30 start time and setting it up to repeat every week. But since CST 9:30 is not Seoul 9:30, it changed it to the time it is over there when it is 9:30 here - a new 'feature'. But that was wrong too, since Yahoo thinks I am in EST, not CST. So I changed my address in Yahoo, but it didn't budge. I found a time zone change to make to my profile, but still did not affect the calendar. Then I found one associated with the calendar and changed it. But the change is still not reflected in the calendar. Grrr.
When I finished reading e-mail, I called about the auditions for the Huntsville Community Chorus. I was told all the slots were full, but given an e-mail address to find out if there would be any more auditions. So I e-mailed her. She sent back a form to fill out and two info sheets. The first one talked about the $125 yearly fee and $80 to buy the concert dress! Yeah, right. I told 'em thanks but no thanks. I felt like I had wasted all that time looking for just the right song. Couldn't it be posted on their website to avoid the embarrassment of having to decline? I had to do some tapping on that issue.
I laid in the sun for 20 minutes in my bathing suit. Then I washed off and re-dressed. Two packages came today, both were supplements. I'll start taking them tomorrow. I cut pieces to go around the yellow star in yesterday's photo. I also re-drafted one of the pieces so that it will end up as a dodecagon rather than a circle. When Chris came home, he fixed burritoes for himself and Michele. I wasn't hungry after snacking on the veggies and pickles from our next door neighbor. I watched a Youtube video by a female Buddhist monk called "Be your own therapist". It was good. Then we watched a second Warehouse 13 DVD from Netflix. Chris went straight to bed. I figured I'd go with him, then get up and post to my blog, but apparently I fell asleep.
* These are the plants I waited so long to see bloom. Because of the heat and the drought, they look terrible. Next year I will pull most of them out while they are small. *

No comments: