Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New technology (for me)

I was up by 8. I had to read e-mail before I was in the mood to exercise. Then I had breakfast. I folded some laundry. I made a list of things to do. I called the people on the list, but did not reach any of them. I did however get Michele to show me how to use OpenOffice to make a powerpoint presentation. I could not find the right pics, but at least I now know how to load them once I find them. That is what kids are for - to show us older people how to use technology, right?
Around noon I Skyped MaryAnn. It had been a long time since we talked. And we made up for it by talking for 4 hours. Bob, if you are reading this, see what your wife does when you are gone? After the call, I raked up the grass clods in the front yard. The grass was very uneven after being mowed so tall and wet. So I mowed the worst parts again. I saw tire tracks where Charlie's tractor made it's turns. I really need to tell him to mow slower. I quit the front yard when I felt dizzy. I went inside and Michele got me a glass of water. Then I went to mow the back yard. It was too much to finish, but again I did the most uneven parts. And I mowed around the tomato plants and some other places that Charlie couldn't get to with his big tractor. Chris came home late, after shopping for another car. He brought home a pizza to share with Michele. She had been asking for an American pizza. I had chicken and a cucumber from the garden. My feet were so green I didn't think they'd come clean, so I took a shower. My feet needed scrubbing with a scouring pad. I rested for a bit, then practiced my trombone. I went down to wash a load of fabric, but Chris was already cuing up the NCIS DVD. So I watched with him instead. Michele joined us in the second episode. After 4 episodes, he has gone to bed, and I am so tired I shall go, too. Michele must have gone to bed also, but she usually stays up very late. Who is she and what has she done with my daughter?

No comments: