Friday, July 13, 2012

Free motion for the first time

I wanted to get up early, but it was raining again and the sound kept me blissfully asleep long after I meant to arise. Watering was unnecessary, so I could go straight to exercise and breakfast. Most of the audios were new ones, so I started the first one, and went on to the second. I stopped it halfway through, to get ready. I carried an umbrella outside to pick tomatoes and walk in the water pooling beside the carport. It felt wonderful! But there wasn't time to fully enjoy it. I had to wash up, and put my quilt top, batting, and backing in a bag. I grabbed my car keys and headed out. I went south on Memorial, through Morgan City (which wasn't much of a city), past Oleander church to Pleasant Valley road. When I arrived at Jen's house, she and her new puppy were waiting. She has a longarm and was letting me use it. I loved the two quilts-to-be on her design wall. She helped me put my quilt on the frame, then went into her livingroom to bind one of her quilts while I did the free motion thing. Since it wasn't one of my best quilts, I used it as practice to try out eyeballing a few designs. It wasn't that great, but I learned what goes well, and what doesn't. I finished up around 3:30. The rain had stopped. I thanked her a lot because I could never have done that on my home machine. Then I drove home. It rained faintly. I showed my quilt to Michele, then had a bite to eat. Chris came home and heated up leftovers and asparagus for supper. I finished my audio from this morning, and listened to two more. Chris and Michele started watching Warehouse 13 and I came down for the last two episodes. After the warehouse blew up, we went to bed.

No comments: