Monday, July 30, 2012

First full day at the beach

We slept in this morning. I thought Olivia would be upset that I didn't wake her at 5 to go to the beach, but she wasn't. After a bit, we all put our suits on and went to the beach. When Cecily and the kids went to the pool, I went inside to dry off and make my breakfast. When I had finished, the others came in for lunch. I spent the afternoon working some Sudoku variations. Chris and Alfred took my car to get the AC fixed, but the repair place said they couldn't find the problem and that we should take it to a dealership. But there isn't one around here. The two of them also went shopping. Cecily and James made ice cream and put it in the freezer to firm up. Chris and Becca grilled pork tenderloins on the outside barbeque grill. They were fabulous. Cecily made sauerkraut, spiced apple rings, peas, mashed potatoes and sliced tomatoes to go with it. Cecily and Al brought a LARGE number of tomatoes from their garden and we need to eat them all. For dessert we had homemade strawberry sorbet and chocolate ice cream. I had a spoonful of each from Chris' bowl. After supper we went back to the beach. It was getting dark so we didn't stay overly long. I was glad I brought a towel to keep warm when out of the water. The water was clear and warm so no problems there. While some of the others watched TV, I read my e-mail and did more puzzle work. I took pics today but you won't see them 'till tomorrow since I am keeping Chris up the longer I take to post this.

No comments: